The flyer for the dance has been published and is attached to the event listing here!
- Submitted by: mikerrtx on Wed, 02/07/2018 - 4:19:AM
- Submitted by: mikerrtx on Thu, 02/16/2017 - 11:39:AM
Dance Under the Flower Moon' in Georgetown and join us as we celebrate our 69th Annual Austin SRDA Mid-Tex Festival. The Friday dance starts at 7pm for 30 minutes of pre-rounds followed by square and round dancing from 7:30pm to 10pm with Wayne Westin caller and Jerry & Lucy Pate cuers. On Saturday, May 13th Dan Nordbye is the caller and Bob & Kaye Kurczewski are cueing rounds. Saturday begins with a 10am to noon 'A' workshop. There is a round dance workshop from 1pm to 2:30pm followed by a square dance workshop from 3pm to 4:30pm. Saturday's early rounds begin at 6:30pm with opening ceremonies from 7:30pm to 7:45pm and the 2+2 dance from 7:45pm to 10pm. There are 'A' tips from 10pm to 10:30pm.
The dance location is at the Georgetown Community Center, 445 East Morrow Street, Georgetown, Texas 78626.
- Submitted by: mikerrtx on Fri, 05/06/2016 - 12:52:AM
On May 1st and 2nd ASRDA held their 67th Annual Mid-Tex Festival. It was held by the San Marcos river. There was round and square dancing Friday night with callers Wayne Weston, Billy Grimsley, Brad Caldwell, & Chet Miles, and cuer Martha Koslosky.
Saturday caller Mike Bramlett started off the morning with an A dance workshop. Then early afternoon cuers Bob & Kay Kurczewski held a round dance workshop followed by Mike holding a square dance workshop. Then more dancing Saturday evening. Everyone had a fantastic time.
Check the photo gallery gallery for pictures of the dance.
- Submitted by: mikerrtx on Sun, 04/24/2016 - 2:35:AM
As a reminder, all clubs are asked to support MidTex in three specific ways:
1) Encourage all your members to pre-register and attend.
2) Help with refreshments by bringing cookies and a bag of salty snacks on Friday evening
3) Bring $100 to $150 in gift cards ($25 increments are fine) on Friday evening. We will bundle the gift cards into bundles of $250 to $300 to be door prizes. We will do this instead of having split the pots each night.
- Submitted by: mikerrtx on Sun, 04/26/2015 - 4:02:AM
This is a reminder that each year the members clubs of ASRDA are asked to help with the success of the MidTex festival. This assistance comes in three forms:
1) Encourage all your members to register and attend the MidTex festival.
2) Provide assistance with refreshments. This year each club is asked to bring 2 – 3 dozen cookies and one large bag of a salty snack such as chips.
3) Provide gift cards or a gift basket. The gift cards are combined with other gift cards into 2-3 bundles and are raffled off; and the gift baskets are sold by silent auction.
Please spread the word to your clubs and bring yourselves and Meet at the River on Friday May 1 and Saturday May 2 in San Marcos.
ASRDA MidTex Committee